HEBONTES AAF/NATO MILITARY TRAINING GROUND
BY HUNGER & CHRISSY
Dear ArmA 3 Community,
my girlfriend Chrissy and me are happy to announce the release of our recent project, the island of Hebontes. After more than four months of planning, painting, terraforming, repaint, design and object placement we finally got the first release candidate working. Sure the island is yet not perfect and has many issues, but since our summer vacation ist ahead, we had to get a combat ready version out now.
My wish was to give all ArmA 3 communitys a place where they can practise their tactics, especially infantry, mech infantry and tanks. Hebontes is a fictional mix of several training grounds in Germany, fittet in the setting of vanilla ArmA3. Parts of Grafenwöhr, Bergen, Munster Nord and several fictional places are the foundation for Hebontes. I want to thank
for their continous support and help, to get this thing working. Without them, the terrain would be released in two years or so. Thank you very much.
STORY OF HEBONTES
In 1957, the Republic of Altis and Stratis has been in need for a dedicated training ground for their recently deployed forces, the AAF. Since the island of Hebontes was nearby and basically only populated by a hand full of fishermen, the decision finally has been made to resettle the population of Hebontes to Altis and Stratis. After 60% of Hebontes population has been resettled, the transformation began. Shooting ranges were built, a training camp was established and the "Hebontes Command and Control" began their service in 1970.
In 1981, the first NATO Forces, especially USA, Germany and France deployed bataillions for training aside the AAF.
During the Civil War, Hebontes was used as headquater as well as hub for resupply and reorganisation.
First crunch made: 02xxxxAmar2018
Size of Hebontes: Approx 240km²
Sattelite Map Res: 1,5px/m
Heightmap Res: 2,25px/m
Terrain overall: 18432m x 18432m
Objects placed: Approx 1.5 million
Villages (still populated): 4
Villages (abandoned): 5
FILE SIZE: 715mb
SEE LICENSE HERE
This work is licensed under a Arma Public License No Derivatives
PLANS FOR NEXT RELEASE
- Airport for fixed wings
- Two more training Camps
- Better underwater heightmap
- Further config improvements
- The Alonaki Gravel Pit is not yet what I wanted it to be, so i will build some kind of abandoned industrial complex here
- Some more assets
- POPUPTARGETS :::: German Range POPUPTargets are in the works, they arent ready yer, i'm very sorry guys. Time is just running too fast
- Further improve the tank test and driving range, there are too few obstacles right now
PLEASE BE AWARE that I'll be not available until Autust 2018. I'll hike the Kungsleden with Chrissy, so I cant take care of answering questions etc. I'm sorry :(
CREDITS & SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Christin B. for all the help she did, planning, configs and object placement
- Daniel F, aka. vPzBtl33_Franz for helping me with hebontes_assets and every weekend I've stolen from you
- George Floros for translationg everything into greek language
- Silola for his absolutely great tool XCam
- Memphis Belle for teching me how to build terrains in general
- The whole virtual Lehrbrigade 16 for testing and bug hunting
NONE exept of ArmA 3 itself
You can download HEBONTES via Steam Workshop, please do not frontpage it for download anywhere else, so I can have a brief overview how much it's in use.
HOW TO SUPPORT US
We've spent hundreds of hours to get this thing ready, so if you want to support us and give something back, feel free, no matter what amount, we appreciate every little bit.
You can donate via PayPal here:
We also have a patreon side:
Click here to get to our Patreon side
IMAGES: (Thank you Nikoaton for your anims!)